1. Take a comfortable seat on a chair, keep your back straight, close your eyes, be quiet.
2. Direct your attention inside of your body.
3. Relax your body and open it to your feelings.
4. Feel everything inside of your body by your Heart.
5. Extract a part of your attention outside through the back of your head.
6. At one time feel everything inside of your body by your Heart and everything around your body by the back of your head.
7. Enter the state of waiting without an object, it is like you are waiting for some important word, or some kind of sign, inspiration, but in fact you are waiting nothing.
8. You are sitting with your attention divided into two parts, in the state of waiting without an object for 10 minutes.
9. Inhale – exhale.
Point 8 – when thoughts are distracting you, or you are falling asleep, open your eyes, do a deep inhale – exhale and continue the practice.
During a day, when you remember, always divide your attention into two parts and at one time feel everything inside of your body by your Heart and everything around your body by the back of your head.
Spiritual practice of Muraqaba is one of the main practices to raise your awareness.
Sit down, be aware of your body as much as you can be aware of it, and try not to follow your thoughts and not distract your attention from what you have.
You are present, you are in the moment of here and now and you are opened to all the impressions.
You feel your body and the space around you while your energy does not move anywhere.
Your energy is calm like a quiet lake with no waves.
You are present in what you have, you are sitting being fully aware, doing nothing, thinking nothing, moving nowhere, striving for nothing.
The best description of the practice is waiting without an object.
You are vigilant, you are present, you are in the state of waiting, as if you were about to receive an important word or some kind of sign, inspiration, but in fact you are not waiting for a word, a sign or an inspiration.
You are not waiting for anything specific but you stay in the state of waiting, and exactly this state of waiting gives you the opportunity to stay aware and not follow your thoughts.
You are just sitting, you are present in what you have, and that is all.
You develop the skill to keep your attention divided with this practice.
Mastering the practice gives you an opportunity to stay aware, be present in any situation and not to be identified with your emotions or suddenly appeared strong desires in everyday life.
You have to divide your attention into two parts and direct a part of your attention inside, on the sensations of your body, and a part of your attention outside, on the sensations of the space around you.
In the ideal way of doing the practice of Muraqaba you can feel five levels of presence, which differ in the density of energies:
1. Your own presence in yourself, your energy inside of your body.
2. The energy of the space you are in.
3. The energy of presence of the people that are doing the practice together with you or the energy of the people that are close to you during the practice.
4. The energy of the Master’s presence if you are doing the practice together with your Master.
5. God’s Presence.
First you should learn to distinguish two levels of presence, that is the energy of your own presence in yourself and the energy of the space you are in.